Tuesday 12 December 2017

Step into England's Story - Dean - Artist in Seine

Unique artists book. No 1444 dated 26th February 2017.  I don't think 1444 represents the amount of books Dean has made, and I always have to chuckle when I type Deans name-game - it resonates so well... Accompanying the story of England  was a note which said he was taking a break from Mail Art for a couple of years. Mail Art is a demanding task master, as those of you who have been held in its thrall understand. Its compelling and compulsive; the free exchange, the over flowing post box, the spawned ideas, but, being so demanding, it requires large storage space,  a special postage account and loads of time. I can see the time Dean has taken to tell the story of England. Its a small collage book which I know took a LONG time to make. It's humorous, witty and I think has a taste of home sickness.  Dean, many thanks - your mail has always charmed - thanks for taking the time to make a parting gift - you're in the company of C T Chew, who as I'm sure you know has also retired from  The Game. Take care and yes, I'm keeping your details :-)X



No comments:

Post a Comment