Monday 7 October 2019

MA BookObject - Edition Footura black - Karl-Friedrich Hacker

I have not heard from Karl in quite a while, but suddenly again, he appears in the post with a surprise - doing something I have never got around to, but had always intended! What does one do with all the beautiful envelopes, with all the trouble people have gone to when sending zine material? A hand stitched, decorated book of envelopes from all around the world. I have to check if El Mao Tao is still going - that was an amazing assembly book - does anyone know? Such editions were the halcyon days of Mail Art for me.  I think I will return an envelope book - at least I will FINALLY get around to making one.  The envelopes are quite revealing I think - perhaps more than the senders realize. And the stamps - tiny works in multiplication by artists of another sort. 



No comments:

Post a Comment