Saturday 4 July 2015

SOUTHORN, Jo (Australia). Chemo Therapy, Hell Fire Corner, My Shadow.

See


Chemo Therapy
A very evocative book which makes use of altered pages and singular haunting words to conjure the trauma of cancer.

“?”, “Resignation”, “Yellow”, “Surrender”, “Isolation”, “Target”, “Hope”, “Fly Away” - each of these loaded words communicates a different emotion and experience to the reader.



Hell Fire Corner
(Unnumbered Edition of 10)
A book made with great care and thought to commemorate the Centenary of ANZACS and Pa.
“Amongst his worldly
            goods we found
A casing from a bomb
            quite sound
He retrieved it from the
            the ground
At Hell Fire Corner”


My Shadow
(Unnumbered, editioned accordion, printed book).
“When darkness falls on a moonlight night
My shadow comes out to play
It is alive and dances with me
Am I predator or prey?
At dawn its time runs out
My scary Shadow fades away”

No comments:

Post a Comment